This healthy classic Laksa is packed full of flavour and nutrition. It's simple and easy to cook. You can cook in batches and store in the fridge for up to a week. Best cook the noodles fresh when needed (they only take a few minutes). It's such a versatile dish and you will want to cook it again and again and add your own touches as you go.
- pack of king prawns
- vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 3-inch ginger, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons or laksa paste or yellow curry paste
- handful of noodles for each person (use what size you want)
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- chilli flakes
- pinch of salt
- Peel the prawns
- Heat a wok over a medium heat, add the vegetable oil, the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Saute for about 10 minutes stirring often, until soft and cooked.
- While the veg is cooking, heat up a separate pan and water for the noodles. Add the noodles once boiling and depending on which size you're using, cook for desired time, about 3 minutes and then drain.
- Add the curry paste to the onion, garlic, ginger and chili and fry everything for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the chicken stock. Whisk the contents together to combine.
- Make sure the heat is still consistent.
- Taste and add seasoning
- Drop the shrimp in and the cooked noodles for a further few minutes until cooked.
- You're done. Serve and share with others.
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cooking time 20 minutes