water-yeah.gif

Water, water everywhere, but do you drink enough?

First of all, let's cover some basic facts. There is a lot of advice out there for how much water we should consume on a daily basis. We take our guide from The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). They recommend a daily intake of 2.5 litres for men and 2.0 litres for women, via food and drink consumption. Of this, they suggest that 70-80% of daily intake should come from drinks and the remainder 30-20% to come from food intake. Now, you're either already good at drinking the required amount or you're rubbish. 

So a few tops tips from us: 

Have a glass of water first thing when you wake up
Carry a water bottle with you, 
Have a litre bottle of water at work on your desk,
Take a glass of water to bed.

Basically, improve your access to water by always having it at arms reach. Try it! It works! Before you know it, you'll be easily knocking back the recommended water amount, no problem.

Just drinking the right amount of water brings these benefits:

  • Healthier skin
  • Healthier teeth and bones
  • Healthier joints
  • Improved digestion
  • Reduced fatigue
  • Suppressed appetite
  • Increased metabolism

So what's next?

Research is starting to uncover how much of a useful tool water can be for fighting fat. During a hypocaloric diet (a diet where you burn more calories than you consume), overweight participants who drank a glass of water 30 minutes prior to the main meals lost more weight than those that didn't. On average participants lost -1.3kg over a 12 week period. The idea behind it is drinking water prior to meals reduces the energy intake from the meal. By being conscious of your water consumption and matching it to your body needs, you can gain significant benefits. Just by drinking water! Have a look at what you're drinking on a daily basis. Take a daily diary if it helps. Then use our tips above to achieve a healthy, glowing you. 

Interested in finding out more? Check out the UK's Natural Hydration Council.

 

With all our love,

The Blackheath Studio Team.