Following on from yesterday's post. We're reviewing the latest and best fitness technology to come out of the Internation Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2016) in Las Vegas, Nevada. Yes, because we want to explore all the ways we can help make 2016 better and healthier for you. Yesterday we took a look at the OMbra from OMsignal which is a supportive bra jam packed with biometric sensors.
Fitbit has announced Ray its most stylish and sleek fitness and sleep monitor yet. The features are mostly what you would expect from a fitness and sleep monitor device. It tracks steps taken, distance travelled, calories burned, activity tagging and sleep duration and quality. But Ray's design is what sets it apart. It has a sleek cylindrical aircraft grade anodised aluminium body. It can be customised to be worn as a neckless or bracelet. It is water resistant up to 50 metres. The button cell batteries which are replaceable are said to last up to 6 months. So no need to worry about recharging this device.
More detailed specs:
- Replaceable button cell batteries with 6-month life
- Water resistant to 50 meters
- Aircraft-grade anodized aluminum body
- Current accessories: translucent TPU Sport Band and Leather Band
- Hidden 8mm spring bars for custom accessories
- Multicolor LED display
- Bluetooth SmartTM wireless syncing
- Smart Button function for environment control (music, lights, etc.)
- 3-axis accelerometer tracks activity and sleep
- Piezoelectric vibration provides incoming call and text alerts, alarms, and movement reminders
- Dimensions are 12 mm diameter, 38 mm length
With all our love,
The Blackheath Studio Team.